Current field work is focused on the Monte Carmelo Gold Project, which is located north of the town of Rosita, where geological mapping and geochemical sampling has outlined skarn and structurally-related gold mineralization. The overall size of the main skarn body is >700 m by 200-300 m. On-going exploration at the Monte Carmelo Gold Project consists of auger sampling and surface mapping and rock samples.
- Fieldwork is focused on the Monte Carmelo Gold Project which is located north of the town of Rosita where geological mapping an auger rock-soil sampling has outlined skarn and structurally related gold mineralization over an area of 700 metres by 200-300 metres
- Four lines of auger holes collecting 110 rock-soil samples were completed in Q4 2015 with results including;
- North-east -orientated Line TR1 average is; 105 metres grading 5.47 g/t Au*
- North-west -orientated Line NW1 average is; 47 metres grading 3.82 g/t Au*
- Line TR2 returned; 25 metres grading 1.38 g/t Au*
- samples in the central portion of Monte Carmelo gold project show a consistent >0.5 g/t Au gold anomaly that extends 370 m long and 35 to 100 m wide which remains open
- Additional exploration including mapping as well as surface and auger sampling is on-going and is designed to expand and further define the Monte Carmelo Targets
CALIBRE MINING NEWS
- August 17, 2017Calibre Mining Announces Final Results for 2017 Drilling Program and Initiation of Updated Resource Estimate on the Eastern Borosi Gold Project, Nicaragua
- August 08, 2017Calibre Mining Announces Final Drill Results on the 100% Owned Santa Maria Gold-Copper-Zinc Project, Nicaragua Including 5.85 metres grading 2.02 g/t Au and 3.46% Cu
- July 31, 2017Calibre Mining and Centerra Gold commence 2017 Diamond Drilling on the Cerro Aeropuerto Gold Deposit, Siuna Project, Nicaragua.
- July 17, 2017Calibre Mining Announces Start of Drilling Program on the 100% Owned Primavera Gold-Copper Porphyry Deposit, Northeast Nicaragua
- July 05, 2017Calibre Mining Announces Drill Results from Phase I Drilling Program on the 100% Owned Santa Maria Gold-Copper-Zinc Project, Northeast Nicaragua
- July 05, 2017100% Owned Santa Maria Gold-Copper-Zinc Project, Northeast Nicaragua Plan Map
- June 02, 2017Calibre's Partner IAMGOLD Exercises Second Option after Earning a 51% Interest in the Eastern Borosi Gold Project, Nicaragua